Instruction For Authors
RAGA Journal of Social Inclusion and Educational Advancement is both print and online, open access nonprofit journal that started publication in December 2018. The journal is hosted by Global Youth Leadership and Girl-child Foundation and is affiliated with the Faculty of Arts and Education, Lead City University, Ibadan, Nigeria.
The Editorial Board consists of a diverse group of internationally renowned academics, professionals, practitioners, and advocates, who are experts in the areas related to gender, social inclusion, masculinity, social sciences, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, medicine and education. By social inclusion, we are referring to inclusion of women, girls, and other minority, marginalised groups in disciplines, socio-economic, political and professions where they have been excluded or have insignificant powerless numbers, which invariably would affect their uninhibited contributions to social and educational advancement. These areas span across Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Arts & Humanities, Social sciences Education and other emerging disciplines that are dichotomised along gender lines.
RAGA Journal of Social Inclusion and Educational Advancement is published bi-anually by the GYLG Foundation in affiliation with the Faculty of Arts and Education, faculty of arts and Education, Lead City University, Ibadan, Nigeria. It is normally published in the months of June and December.
Subscription: Subscriptions are available on a calendar year basis for a volume comprising two issues. Rate in Nigeria for individuals is ₦2500 per copy and ₦3,500.00 for institutions and libraries. Rest of the world: US $35.00. Orders and payments from, or on behalf of subscribers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments may be made by bank transfer, certified cheque or bank draft in favour of Global Youth Leadership & Girl-child Foundation and should be addressed to the Editor – in – Chief.
Manuscripts: Authors submitting manuscripts should read INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS for detailed guidelines. Submitted manuscripts may be rejected, delayed or returned if requirements are not met.
Advertisement: Advertisers of major products, services or classified adverts will find in RAGA Journal of Social Inclusion and Educational Advancement, a sure avenue to reach most educators, sociologists, psychologists, social scientists, social workers and nonprofit practitioners and consumers in Nigeria and beyond. Our rates are modest.
All inquiries relating to the journal including advert booking, subscription, or submission of manuscripts should be addressed to:
The Editor – in – Chief
RAGA Journal of Social Inclusion and Educational Advancement, Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. E-mail: email@example.com phone: +234 805-612-9314
Publishing consultant: College Press & Publishers. Lead City University, 3 Baale Mosaderin Road, Jericho, Ibadan. +234 803669438; +234 8022900793.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort is made by the editorial board and the publisher to see that no inaccurate or misleading data, opinions or statements appear in this journal, they wish to make it clear that the data and opinions appearing in the articles and advertisements herein are the responsibility of the contributor or advertiser concerned should be made.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in any retrieval system without the written permission of the Editor – in – Chief.
Information for Authors
Editorial Policies, Guidelines and Instructions
RAGA Journal of Social Inclusion and Educational Advancement is published bi-annually.
The Editorial Board welcomes contributions in all fields of education, social sciences and humanities including technology, as well as economic, social and ethical issues related to the practice of education in a developing country. It is meant to meet the continuing educational needs of academics in various fields of study, which also includes postgraduate students, as well as stimulate research and academic pursuit.
TYPE OF ARTICLES
Reviews and Annotations: These are normally invited contributions. They are expected to be concise and exhaustive. It must not exceed 20 typed and double spaced pages. References should not exceed 50.
Commentaries: They are invited editorials on any subject suggested by the Editor – in – Chief which should be more than 1,500 words and not more than 10 references.
Original Research Articles: This can be accepted as a main article or a short communication. A main article should contain between 2, 000 and 3, 000 words. It usually presents the result of a large study (prospective or retrospective). It must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words.
Book Review: The book must be relevant issues of gender, inclusion and education. Addresses and Speeches: Great speeches, addresses and orations by education practitioners and social scientists in Africa will be welcome.
Correspondence: (Letter to the editor and short notes). This should contain no more than 500 words and at most, two figures and 10 references. It should be accompanied by a covering letter stating clearly whether the communication is for publication or not.
Preparation of Manuscripts
- Manuscript will be considered for publication on the understanding that it has been submitted exclusively to the journal except for addresses and speeches
- That it is not being considered for publication elsewhere at the time of submission.
- That the data submitted has not been published elsewhere.
- However, a paper presented at a scientific meeting or conference will be considered if it has not been published in full in a proceeding or similar publication
- Authors are free to submit manuscripts rejected by other journals. In a similar way, they are free to submit articles rejected by this journal elsewhere.
- The editors would wish to be informed about any conflicts of interest in the submitted manuscript and any previous reports that might be regarded as a duplication of some data.
- The editors also reserve the right to destroy rejected articles, as well as correspondence relating to them.
- All submitted papers will undergo peer review process (see further details below).
- All submitted original articles must be accompanied by a covering letter, signed by all the co-authors. There should be no more than six (6) authors.
Manuscript should be submitted electronically to:
The Editor – in – Chief
RAGA Journal of Social Inclusion and Educational Advancement,
Department of Arts & Social Sciences Education,
Lead City University, Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Phone: +234 805-612-9314
Order of Arrangement
- Arrange the article in this order. (1) Title page; (2) Abstract; (3) Text (4) References; (5) Tables and (6) Figure and Legends.
- Pages should be numbered in sequence beginning with the Title page as 1, Abstract as 2, etc.
- Each section of the manuscript must start on new page.
- All manuscripts should be typed double spaced with a 1 inch margin at the top, bottom and sides.
1. Title Page: This should contain
- Full title of the paper.
- The name of each author, their highest academic qualification, as well as their academic titles.
- The name of the department(s) and institution(s) where the work was carried out below the name of the last author listed.
- The name, address, e-mail address, telephone/whatsapp number of the author responsible for correspondence.
- Three to six key words.
This is required only for empirical and position papers and should not be more than 250 words. It should contain the background, objective, method, results and conclusions of the study. It should be structured.
3. Main Body of the Text
This should be divided into:
II. Materials and methods
IV. Discussion and
V. Conclusion for original articles
For review articles, annotations and commentaries, there should be headings appropriate to the articles.
- Use of acronyms or abbreviations should be limited to units of measurement. Other acronyms MUST come with their meanings.
The journal follows the American Psychology Association (6th) referencing style.
- All authors should be listed.
- Personal communication must be accompanied by a written acknowledgement.
Each table should be at the top of the new page and double spaced.
- There must be a title to each table.
- Number them in Arabic numerals (Table I, II, etc) in the order in which they are mentioned in the text.
- Each table should have a footnote which identifies the abbreviation used.
The journal welcomes illustrations either as line drawings or glossy photographs.
- Photographs should be in black and white. Where a coloured photograph is submitted, the author(s) will be charged some money.
The journal follows the British conventions of spelling, punctuation and grammar. All submitted articles must have excellent design and correct methods of statistical analysis. The statistical methods must be appropriate to the study. Interpretation of data must be correct and accurate.
Studies and trials involving minors must contain a statement that it was approved by parents/wards and the institutional ethical committee.
It must also show that the human subjects (adults) gave their informed consent.
We operate the peer review system. All submitted articles are first read by at least a member of the Editorial Board. Those potentially acceptable are then passed on to referees who are experts in the various fields concerned. We ask referees to comment on originality, scientific reliability and relevance or contribution of the study. Topics adjudged suitable are then submitted to statisticians for statistical review.
Those that fall short may be rejected outright or sent back to authors for corrections. For rejected articles, only one copy will be given to the author(s). Those that successfully pass through all the stages will be considered for publication. Two copies of revised manuscripts (using track changes) should be sent back to the Editor – in – Chief.
On acceptance, the copyright of the paper will be vested in the Journal and NOT the publisher.
Acknowledgement of Receipt
For every manuscript received for the Journal, an acknowledgment is dispatched immediately to the author (s).
Published articles are openly and freely available to the public online. Printed copies are available on request. The editorial board is dedicated to creating an open environment for learning and discussion on these important issues with the goal of creating awareness, using data to make meaning and engaging policy on the willingness to reduce or totally eradicate exclusion. Anyone can download and share the articles published in this journal. Online and print articles attract minimal administrative fees. Authors are entitled to one free copy of the journal. Costs are subject to change without notice, depending on cost of production.